Friday, August 25, 2006

DAY 5

(Pictures might be mixed up as this post is further updated in December.)

忠烈祠(Martyr's Shrine)

We watched an elaborate ceremony of the guards changing duties.

I can understand why the soldier-on-duty asked the tourists to take off their caps. It is really disrespectful to the heroic figures. (I saw one tourist who refused to take off his ugly cap until a soldier finally asked him to.) Oh well, it is nice to visit here, a major tourist attraction. But I wonder if it's too much of an attention.


中正纪念堂

Wordings on the right. Wordings on the left.
台北市政府

The renowned 101 购物中心 (I heard it's like our Takashimaya.)
And in the evening, we went to Shilin Night Market! :)
We bought 鸡蛋糕s again. This time round, it's not as nice. They're a little too hard inside, and not crispy enough outside. Tried some black sausages. Don't know why I bought them even though I found them to look unappetizing.

Wanted very much to try 鲁肉饭 so I dragged mum and Yeeshan into this stall.

Not marvelous but I quite like the taste.It was very crowded that night.
The chicken chop is a must-try!I look at the queue, I scared.Big slices...which are bigger than my palm plus fingers! O_o
Saw a fishing-prawn stall. You can grill the prawns immediately after you fish them. Poor prawns.
Cute little furry puppies!
Blur me in the middle of the night market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home